Well, this is it… I’m packed, most of my stuff is already on its way to Montreal, and I'm leaving on a jet plane (isn’t that a song from the early 90’s) in just 14 hours. I almost can’t believe how quickly the last 6 weeks have flown by and that I’m actually so close to leaving Victoria.
I don't think that any choice of words could possibly describe how I'm feeling right now. It's a mixture of... indescribable joy and excitement because I know that I'm in the centre of God's will for my life and that a great adventure is waiting for me in Montreal... sadness because I've said goodbye, or see you later, to so many people in the last week that I am going to miss a lot (saying goodbye to people at church tonight was particularly hard and emotional)... overwhelmed (in a good way) by all of the kind and encouraging and loving words that people have said and written to me over the course of the last 6 weeks (I can honestly say that I have never felt so loved by so many people in my entire life)...
I'm just sitting here on the couch for the last time I'll sit on this couch in this house in this city and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I was supposed to stay the night with some dear friends at their house, but I wasn't finished packing my suitcases that I am taking on the airplane with me tomorrow. It's pretty much the story of my life - everything takes at least twice as long as I think it should! I really do need to start taking into consideration my inability to allocate time appropriately when I'm planning, i.e. if I think it will take me 1/2 hour to complete a task, I should allocate at least an hour! :)
So anyways, here I am! The last week has been a whirlwind and so busy that it's nice to finally have some time to just reflect, even if just for a moment. It's weird... I know I'm leaving Victoria in just hours, but it still seems surreal... like I can't believe I'm actually leaving, although I know I am. How unexplainable is that?
Ahhh... God just reminded me of a scripture. Philippians 4:7 says that the peace of God passes all understanding. I've known for weeks that God was giving me an incredible peace about moving to Montreal, but it didn't occur to me until just minutes ago that it makes perfect sense why I've never been able to explain the depth of that peace. The peace of God is simply beyond human comprehension and understanding!
... today is the day
No comments:
Post a Comment