they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Ahhh... the ladies getaway... what a blessing! Spending time and catching up with friends, eating good food, watching hilarious skits, playing a game of scrabble, lots of laughter, good conversations late at night, and very little sleep. That would be a good way to sum it all up! I was pretty tired the whole time, but it was a good way to spend my last weekend in Victoria.
I came back from the ladies getaway this morning, went to my last Sunday morning service at Trinity Christian Centre, went to my last home group, and came home and napped for a few hours. Now it's all about packing and getting all the last minute details finished before I leave, all in the next 3 days.
Can you believe that I only have 3 days left in Victoria? I leave early on Thursday afternoon. It's a bit unbelievable to think that I'm leaving so soon and that I'm so calm about it all. Life is going to be incredibly busy and hectic for the next 3 days, but I'm calm and totally at peace about the fact that I'm moving across the country.
Someone asked me today how it felt to be at Trinity for my last Sunday morning. It is a bit sad and I am going to miss everyone, but I also feel like I am ready to leave. I wrote a week ago that there have been so many times lately when I would just start to cry in the presence of God. I knew that God was doing something in my heart that I didn't understand, but I realized yesterday that I think He was preparing me emotionally to leave.
It almost surprises me that I feel ready to leave (except for the huge "to do" list in front of me), but why should that surprise me? After all, it is the maker of heaven and earth who is orchestrating and working out the details and preparing me for this move! Should I expect anything less when the hand of God is on me constantly? I am so excited about what the future holds for me in Montreal and I totally believe that the "to do" list is going to quickly get smaller as I get stuff done and the rest of the details fall into place. God truly is orchestrating every detail of this move in ways that I could never put into words!
... 3 more days
No comments:
Post a Comment