How great is it to have a laptop and relax on the couch while sending emails and updating my blog? Yah, it definitely works for me! Tonight I'm at my brother and sister-in-law's house in Kimberley, BC... sitting on their couch.
I have now officially left Victoria and I'm on my way to Montreal. The peace of God is just absolutely beyond what words can explain... it is so beyond comprehension. I think that the fact that I was leaving hit me a little more when I was sitting in the plane at the Victoria airport, but I felt the presence of God at the same time. I was praying while I was sitting there and God's incredible peace just washed over me yet again. How great is our God!
Jeremy, Nicole, Philip, Ethan, Lacey, Katrina, and Nick came to the airport to see me off, which was such a blessing!
And how amazing is the timing of God always! I had ordered new eye glasses two weeks ago, but there was some delays and so the store wasn't sure if they were going to come in before I left Victoria. If the glasses didn't come in on time, they were going to send them to one of the stores in Montreal, so I could pick them up once I arrived. Well, this morning the phone rang and it was the eye glasses store, calling to tell me that my glasses were in and wondering if I could pick them up before I left. Good timing!
Then I grabbed the mail from the mailbox and got the notice for me that my request to have my mail forwarded to Montreal had been processed. I had only submitted the request two days ago and it is supposed to take 5-10 business days to become active, so that was quick!
I know they're just little details, but all of these little details coming together when they need to and not when I want them to, is such a testimony to the power of God. It's happened over and over and over in the last 6 weeks... like little love notes from God reminding me when I need to be reminded that He is the one in control!
I had a three hour layover in Vancouver today so I sat down with an iced latte (soy, of course) and my laptop and listened to a message from Trinity that I hadn't listened to yet. What an awesome message! I wrote/typed this in my notes... "Jesus was sent from heaven with power, authority, giftedness, strength, etc. to carry out God's will. Jesus said to the disciples that "as He was sent, He was sending them". When God sends me somewhere, I can know that His power is going with me!" How awesome is that!
The flight from Vancouver to Cranbrook was 1.5 hours and I chatted with the man sitting next to me the entire time... mostly about the church and God. Before we got off the plane, he took out one of his business cards and gave it to me. He said I should keep in touch and let him know how the church is going. He is in Montreal once a year or so, so he'd be interested in checking it out the next time he's there.
Now I'm in Kimberley. Amber (my sister-in-law) flew in from Vancouver tonight as well. She was there for a work-related training and her flight arrived 1/2 hour after mine. So, her dad met me when I arrived and then we waited for her. She's so cute - she was so excited to see me! My nephew was already in bed by the time I got to the house, but he woke up about 1/2 hour ago. Amber brought him to me and he gave me the hugest hug - oooohhh, he's so cute! He was also half asleep, so I think he was probably half hugging and half falling asleep again in my arms. How precious is that, eh?
My bed is desperately calling for me, so I'll end my random collection of thoughts now...
1 comment:
SARAHHHHHHH I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you get good goings to Montreal...I couldn't word that right. I hope you know what I meant. Guess what I forgot to give you? I bought you one of those kit kat single bars to remind you that there is Only one Kat! but I forgot to give it to you! Perhaps I will mail it to you! I love yoU! Love KAT
Post a Comment