Monday, March 5, 2007

Six dogs and a sled

Guess what I did this afternoon? It involves six dogs, a sled, lots of snow, and a musher... Yep, you guessed it - I went for a dog sled ride! I have never done that before and it was so much fun, especially when the dogs got going really fast!

My dad knows someone who races dog sled teams and also does tours with dog teams here in Kimberley. My dad's business is one of his sponsors (for his races), so any of my dad's family or employees were invited to come out for dog sled rides this afternoon.

I love the word "musher". It sounds kind of funny, but I looked it up on dictionary.com and it means "a traveler who drives (or travels with) a dog team."

My sister-in-law and nephew came for the rides too, so I got to play in the snow with my nephew afterwards. What could possibly beat "playing lion" in the snow with a 3 year old? Dawson loves animals and if you let him, he'd play lion with you all day long. That basically means he roars and then tackles you to the ground. It's pretty much completely adorable! :)

I've been in Kimberley since Thursday night, but I'll be leaving tomorrow morning to go to Calgary with my mom. I've had a good visit with everyone while I've been here... I was able to spend some time with Amber (my sister-in-law), Dawson (my nephew), my mom, my dad, Cody (my brother), and a friend I met in Victoria years ago. The only one I wasn't able to see was Jesse (my brother) because he is rock climbing in New Mexico right now.

I have to say that Dawson is the greatest nephew! Of course, he's my only nephew, but that is besides the point. :) He is almost 3 years old and so smart, polite, and cute. For some reason, he started saying "two more minutes" sometimes when Amber asks him to do something, which just makes you laugh, especially the way he says it.

Anyways, I'd need a video to show you just how cute he is, but I'll try and get a picture on my blog soon... as soon as I download to my computer the many pictures on my digital camera. I'll update my photo website very soon too, I promise. :)

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Sawah!! Update your blog! I miss getting to read what you're up to!

I miss you!
Love Kat