What do those mastercard commercials say? There are some things money can't buy...
Tonight, I truly experienced one of those things! For youth, we celebrated one of the youth's birthday at her family's house. They have a karaoke machine, so after dinner and dessert, they turned on the karaoke machine and let us have at it. Some of it was pretty funny, but the completely priceless moment was listening to Gerry Esselink and Chris Massey sing a song in Tagalog, with interjections of crazy english lyrics. By the way, Tagalog is a Filipino lanuage.
Words cannot possibly describe the moment... but fortunately, I do have it on video on my digital camera, for posterity sake. Katrina recorded it while the rest of us laughed until we were crying and our stomachs hurt. Oh my... it was sooo funny! I don't think I have laughed that much or that hard in a while!
Tonight was also my last night at youth, which is hard to believe and a bit sad, but at least it was a really fun night! Might as well go out with a lot of laughter. :)
I moved most of my furniture out of the house this morning, so it is now being enjoyed by others. I hadn't quite packed everything that used to be stored in those pieces of furniture, so some of the rooms in my house look like a bit of a tornado swept through them and there is stuff on the floor everywhere. I seriously don't know where to begin packing or cleaning it up now. It's a bit overwhelming to look at it all and I wonder how long it's going to take for it all to end up in boxes by Wednesday! Have I mentioned that I really don't like packing? I "think" I might be procrastinating just a bit because I'd rather do all of the other stuff that needs to be done. But really ... all my procrastinating is going to mean in the end is that I'll be up half the night every night next week and get very little sleep! I'm not sure where my logic is in that one, but oh well...
Tomorrow, I'm going to a ladies getaway that my church organized and I'll be back on Sunday. Part of me can't believe that I'm actually going and won't have that time to be at home and pack. The other part of me knows that I'm supposed to be there for some reason... I was at church on Wednesday night and while we were praying for the getaway, God was so clearly saying to me that I need to be there. I wonder what He is going to do tomorrow?
And if God wants me there, then He will give me the endurance to get the packing done in record time before I leave. All of the rest of the details of my move are coming together in His time, so why would this be any different?
... 5 more days
No comments:
Post a Comment