Wow... now it is really official. I bought my airplane tickets yesterday, so I know the exact hour that I will officially be leaving everything in Victoria for the amazing future that God has waiting for me in Montreal.
My flight leaves Victoria at 2:00 pm on Thursday, March 1 and I'll be flying to Kimberley, BC to visit with my family for a few days before flying to Montreal on March 6. I will arrive in Montreal at 5:10 pm on Tuesday, March 6!
I talked to Rachel Lacey this afternoon... One of the many things we talked about was when the church will officially start meeting. She told me that the first meeting will be on Sunday, March 4! So, I'll miss the first inaugural meeting, but Ang will be there. And I'll be there for the second "inaugural" meeting. I say that because I'm kind of sad that I won't be there for the very first meeting, but it's all good. :)
I think that I should let you all know who is who, so when I mention names, you aren't confused... If you're from Trinity Christian Centre, you obviously know who these people are already, but I'll do this for the sake of everyone else. Here goes...
Guy & Rachel Lacey are the couple who will be leading the church in Montreal and they have two daughters, Taylor (9 years old) and Sophia (4 years old). Ang (or Angela) is also moving to Montreal from Victoria and we're going to be roommates.
Okay, you know how I just told everyone at my work on Monday that I'm going to be leaving at the end of February? Well, they are already 90% sure that they have found my successor! How unbelievable is that? That is totally unheard of, but so God... I love it! On Friday morning, my manager and executive director were literally doing happy dances in the office when the response came from the potential successor.
I can't believe that it's only been a week since this has all been official. So much has happened in the past week that I seriously feel like I have lived through two weeks since Sunday. But it has also been an incredible week in so many ways!
I don't know if I have ever felt the joy of the Lord like I have this week. This afternoon, I was thinking about the things that needed to be done today, but also thinking "I'm tired and I don't want to do all this stuff. I just want to rest." In the middle of all of that, I decided to call Rachel to see how she was doing. I got off the phone with her and continued doing stuff around the house and getting ready to go out. Very shortly afterwards, I realized that joy and excitement were rising up in my heart again and I suddenly had an unexplainable amount of energy!
Nehemiah 8:10 says that "the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold." Until today, that was a great promise, but I really didn't understand how that could happen in reality. But this afternoon, exhaustion was replaced by energy and strength in a matter of minutes. I cannot adequately put into words what happened, but it was amazing nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment