Thursday, January 18, 2007

The big news

So, I have spent a good portion of the last three days telling people that I am going to moving to Montreal in 6 weeks. The reactions have been interesting, ranging from lots of excitement to "why?" to sadness and lots of "I'm going to miss you".

I have never had to tell news like this to so many people at one time ever before in my life and I don't think that I realized just how emotionally exhausting it would be. But yah, it is... go figure... now I know. I wonder how many times I have answered the exact same questions over and over again? Lots... too many to count!

But at the same time, it's also been really good and such a blessing. I don't think that most of us realize how many lives we touch by what we do and how we live our lives. But we do touch people's lives more than we know and in ways we cannot even imagine. Maybe that's what makes times like this so emotional - all of that love and appreciation, on some many levels and in so many different contexts, gets poured out all at once. And then you just don't know what to do with it all!

It almost brings me to tears to think that some people started to cry when they heard because they are going to miss me. Some of these people were even co-workers and I never would have thought that my life had made that big of an impact on them.

Speaking of work... it's a really weird feeling to be at work, still working, but having all these people walking around talking about how they are going to replace you and what they are going to do once you're gone. I'm there, but it's like I'm not... really weird and I don't even think I can explain it, so I'll leave it at that.

Sleep well... :)

No comments: