Isn't that amazing? God knew every single day that each one of us will live, long before our parents were around to even start thinking about having kids! That just leaves me speechless... all of it is unfolding as God knew that it would.
Because we only see the present and the past, the plans for the future sometimes surprise us or catch us off guard. But God sees everything, so He knows with complete clarity what our future holds for us... and He's preparing us for it, with our cooperation, of course. This week, as I have thought back on parts of my life, I realized that God has been preparing me to go to Montreal for years, long before I was even a Christian. Wow!
The time for me to leave is coming quickly (only 5 more weeks), but it feels like God is either slowing down time or speeding up the process, because everything is happening so fast and I'm amazed at how quickly things are getting done. Every day seriously feels like at least two because so much happens in a day these days that it boggles my mind to think that it was really only one day.
People keep asking me what I'm feeling about moving and if I'm scared, and you know what, I'm not scared or nervous at all. Sure, I have those moments when I start to think too far ahead and get overwhelmed with the reality of all that still has to be done and the many questions that I don't have answers for yet. That's not a great place to be though, so I don't stay there. I just know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God wants me in Montreal, so I keep trusting that God really is in control of all of these details. And I have so much joy and peace - it's absolutely incredible.
My successor at work has officially accepted the job and will start a few days after my last day working with the MS Society. It was all finalized on Monday morning (a week after I gave my notice) - how unbelievable is that? Last week, I had told our Executive Director not to worry about who was going to take my position because God already knew and He had the details worked out. On Tuesday of this week (the day after the details were worked out with my successor), I went into his office to get something and he said to me something to the extent of:
"Well, you told me that God knew who was going to take your position and it has all worked out perfectly. It was like it was meant to be. I don't know what to say."
That's awesome! Praise God - what a testimony!
I had my first French tutoring lesson this week. I took first year university French, but haven't spoken it much since then, so all of that knowledge is buried and rusty from years of lack of use. But do you know what is amazing? It is coming back really quickly, or at least quicker than I thought it would. Granted, it did take me at least three minutes to think through and say two fairly long sentences, but the knowledge of how to form a sentence and conjugate verbs in French began to surface, as well as the necessary vocabularly. That was encouraging and exciting! I can't wait to be bilingual!
Ang and I are still looking for a place to live in Montreal. We haven't found the place that God has for us yet, but I trust that we will soon. Guy and Rachel are also helping us look and checking out "potentials" for us, which is awesome and so appreciated.
I am almost done updating my resume and contacting all of my references, so I should be able to start looking for a job more seriously very soon. So far, I have a list of some contacts (relatives or friends of people I know in Victoria) who may be able to help me with the job search process, which would be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment