Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Awake my soul, awake and sing

I woke up at 6am this morning and I was wide awake, but I really didn't want to get out of bed. I was warm and comfortable and somehow thought that I still needed to get more sleep. Typical, eh? But at the same time I just knew that God wanted me to get out of bed. So I was lying there, contemplating what I would do when I got up... (translation: I was procrastinating, because I really didn't want to get up despite what I knew I should do...).

Then the words of a worship song that we often sing at church started going through my head. It is based on Isaiah 60:1-5 (look it up if you have the chance... it's amazing). The words of the song that kept going through my head over and over were "awake my soul, awake and sing". I smiled to myself and finally got out of bed... singing.

My roommate must have thought it was just a little bit unusual because I was walking around the house singing at 6:30 in the morning! For those who have ever seen me first thing in the morning, that is truly amazing! :)

I made myself a cup of tea and went for a walk down to the ocean. I was getting close to the beach, but I couldn't quite see it yet, when I heard the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach. The sound was so incredible that I just had to stop right where I was and just listen... What a majestic sound!

I love the ocean and the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach... I could just sit there and watch it for hours. But alas, I need to get to work this morning, so I better get going. Until next time...

No comments: