Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Happy Birthday, Hal!

It is this man's birthday today!! This year has been so very hard but, through it all, he has been strong, courageous, and hard working. He has been devoted, encouraging, and loving. He has been fiercely protective of me as well as of his co-workers and his bosses. He has committed himself to going above and beyond to help other people. He has persevered through obstacles and difficult days. He has toughed it out through unbelievable leg pain that would have kept a lot of other people on the couch instead of at work. He has been disciplined in what he eats and has lost so much weight. He has found joy in the little things. He has never stopped smiling and laughing and bringing that joy to others. It has been a really tough year, but it has also been a year that has brought out the best of this amazing man that I am blessed beyond measure to call my husband.

He had a paid day off of work, so to celebrate we got out of the city for the day. We went shopping for some new clothes for him now that we've had to donate a lot of his old clothes because they're too big to fit him anymore, then went out for burgers at La Belle et La Boeuf and dessert at Chocolats Favoris. We ended the day with a FaceTime chat with his parents and brother. It was a good day! Happy birthday, Hal!



Since I cannot eat gravy anymore, I haven't been able to eat poutine for 3 years, which is a very sad reality because I really love poutine. Well, today I had a chance to eat a version of poutine that I can still eat! The fries are churro sticks, the cheese is marshmallows, and the gravy is chocolate sauce, all on top of a layer of vanilla soft serve ice cream. Wow - to say it was rich is an understatement!

No comments: