Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The blog resurrection

When Hal read the Facebook post that I wrote the other day on loving our neighbors, he said that I should start a blog. I laughed off that thought at the time... but then eventually remembered that I did have a blog that I hadn't touched in years, almost 8 years, to be exact.

I started this blog just before moving to Montreal in 2007, as a way to share that experience with my friends that I left behind in BC. I added to the blog throughout 2007 and 2008 and then apparently forgot about it until 2011-12. The last time that I wrote it in was July 25, 2012, a few days after my grandma's funeral and the day that we buried her ashes in the family plot. The pain that I was feeling when I wrote that post was so real and so raw that reading the words just now left me sobbing as I remembered my grandma, that day, the funeral, and the challenging months that led up to that day.


Even before re-reading that post, I had decided earlier today that it was time to resurrect the blog again for a while because, for some reason, I don't want my posts from COVID-19 to just get lost in my Facebook feed. Just like I felt the need to remember my grandma's life and what it was like to say goodbye to her, I feel like I need to remember these days, the good ones and the bad ones.


So, I re-created all of my Facebook posts in the blog and set the date and time of each post to match those on Facebook. From now on, I'll put my posts on the blog and then share the link on Facebook, so that I can easily look back on these posts in the coming days, weeks, months, or years.

No comments: