Saturday, April 4, 2020

Loving our neighbors has not been cancelled -- Part 2

I've been mulling this over and over ever since my laundry room encounter with the sweet elderly couple that we ended up helping with their groceries this week...

On the one hand, taking this step scares both me and Hal... because what if there are a lot of people in the building who need help and we just can't manage it?

On the other hand, I realized that I just can't hope and pray that all of the elderly people in the building have what they need and are going to be okay, unless I am willing to do something about it.

So, this sign went up in the laundry room today (with the building manager's approval, of course) and now we'll see what happens... maybe no one will call us, maybe a few people will call us, or maybe a lot of people will call us.


If you live in the Cote-Saint Luc or NDG area and would be willing to help us with the shopping if this becomes too much for us to handle on our own, please let us know by leaving a comment and we'll keep you posted. I've already thought it through and have figured out a way to make sure that anyone who is helping us with the shopping is reimbursed for the costs right away. Maybe it's time to put all my project management skills to another use! 💕

No comments: