Hmmm, it's been 10 days since I last updated my blog, but it is certainly not for a lack of activity around here! Most of it is just mundane details that I have been taking care of, so there really hasn't been much to report about what is going on.
I'm sure you don't need to hear the results of my last appointments with my dentist, eye doctor, chiropractor, GP, etc. that I have been going to while I still have benefits with the MS Society. And of course, I'm still working full-time, sorting out the details for packing and moving, and going out for lots of lunches, coffees, and dinners to say goodbye to friends and colleagues. Yes, life is definitely incredibly busy at the moment!
Ang left on Sunday afternoon, so she is now on her way to Montreal. She's going to be visiting family and friends along the way though, so she won't be in Montreal until March 1. I'm not sure where she is right now, but she's on her way. Which means that I'm the only one left in Victoria getting ready to go.
Guy and Rachel have actually been in Victoria since last week because Rachel's sister got married on the weekend, but they will be going back to Montreal on Monday. The wedding, by the way, was amazing and so beautiful! I haven't downloaded the pictures off of my camera yet, so I can't show you the incredible location where the ceremony was held, but I'll get to it eventually.
It was a great weekend, actually. I spent all day on Saturday with friends at the wedding ceremony and the reception (and the passing of time in between) and then all day on Sunday with friends. I got absolutely nothing done for Montreal, but I had a really fun weekend! :) There was a dance at the wedding reception and I honestly can't remember the last time that I danced for hours - it was so much fun!
Rachel (my current roommate in Victoria) is going to be staying in the house that we've been living in for the past few years and a good friend of mine is going to move in with her at the beginning of March. So, that worked out well for both of them!
I decided that I am not going to be taking my desktop computer with me to Montreal, so I went and bought a laptop today, which was very exciting! Now I have a new toy to play with. :)
Although, I told the MS Society in the middle of January that I will be leaving to move to Montreal, I hadn't given my official notice because I didn't know when my last day of work would be. I just needed to give my official notice two weeks prior to my last day, so I did it today... My last day of work will be Thursday, February 22. Then I'll have 6 full days to get all the last minute details finished.
So... in terms of an official countdown... I have 12 days of work left and 22 days until I leave. Oh my - that is really soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment