Monday, May 10, 2021

Another chocolate celebration

The second semester of my post-graduate certificate program in Human Resource Management is officially in the books and I have all of my final marks! 14 weeks, 3 courses, 28 chapters read, 21 discussion assignments, 16 individual assignments, 1 group project, 3 tests, 2 final exams, and 1 capstone assignment. I was initially going to take four courses, but when I saw the workload for the three courses that I decided to complete, I chose to drop the other course and take it in a future semester.

If I'm honest, it was a really challenging semester. The combination of winter + pandemic + strict lockdown restrictions + curfew + social isolation + online school was not a good combination for me, but I survived and learned so much. Looking back, there were a couple of things that really sustained me and helped get me through it.

One of those things was being a part of the most amazing team for a group project and becoming friends with the other team members over the course of the semester and our numerous Zoom calls. The other was the opportunity to participate in several Zoom group discussions that were organized by the College, also with an incredible group of people that has supported and stayed in touch with each other. I'm thankful for community when it was most unexpected.

It was definitely time for another chocolate celebration, so Hal and I finally had a chance to go to Chocolat Favoris, our chocolate and ice cream shop of choice since 2020. 💜 And now it's time to move on to the spring/summer semester, which starts tomorrow.

No comments: