The temperature in Montreal has cooled down considerably for the most part (except for seemingly random days of intense humidity), the days are getting shorter, the leaves are starting to fall from the trees, and there has been much talk amongst us about the need to buy boots and get our winter jackets drycleaned... all in preparation for the winter that we all know is coming.
It's been five or six months, but I can still very clearly remember what it was like to endure -35 degree weather without all the necessities of winter weather. So, this afternoon I joined the mad rush of people trying on and buying boots! I'm proud to report that, for the first time in probably fourteen or fifteen years, I bought a pair of winter boots!
I also bought two pairs of footless tights, which are tights that just go down to your ankles, hence the name. :) Last winter, it seemed like a foreign concept to me at first but it made sense all too soon. The idea is to wear the tights underneath your pants so that you stay warm (and avoid the onset of frostbite) during the cold winter days. By the time I had realized that I needed them last winter, they had already gone out of stock in the stores... this winter I shall enjoy their warmth and comfort.
And thus begins the preparation for winter... :) It all seems very foreign to me, but I am looking forward to experiencing an entire Montreal winter... going for walks in the snow, cross country skiing on Mont Royal, and ice skating at outdoor rinks! In the meantime, fall is one of my favorite seasons so I am going to thoroughly enjoy the next few months. I can't wait to see Montreal in the autumn and beautifully colored by the changing of green leaves into an array of bright colours.
No comments:
Post a Comment